Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

RAMEN!!!



My bf and I decided to try ramen at Shin Sen Gumi! Haha yes yes I know we are behind on what's hip /)_- but we were sooo disappointed! We got spicy miso broth and everything was so bland! I rather eat the instant noodles! I kept telling my bf I can make something better than this! Sooo the next day I set out to Marukai and bought my ingredients! He loved it (and not because it's a given -_-) but I even made some for my critical mom and she drank all the broth! :D It took me only 10 mins to make it but gathering the ingredients were a little pricey but only because I don't have any of it at home -__-

This is good for one bowl! If you have company then just multiply accordingly :P

Ingredients
+1 1/2 cup of water
+1/2 cup of chicken broth
+Noodles (as much as you like :])
+White Miso Paste
+Hard Boiled Egg
+Meat of your choice
+Chili Oil
+Sesame Oil
+Japanese Chili Seasoning
+Ginger
+Green Onions
+Salmon roe
+Kamaboko (Fish Cake/Pink Swirls) The swirls cost more than the reg looking ones so I just bought reg pink ones -_-

Directions
+Boil egg and peel shells off
+Boil noodles, drain, rinse with cold water, let dry
+Heat up water and broth
+After it boils, add 2 tbsp of miso paste (do not let it boil, simmer is fine)
+Add chili oil and chili seasoning according to taste
+Chop up green onions, kamaboko, ginger, and slice egg in half
+Throw meat in simmer pot, careful not to overcook meat(chewy)!!
+Throw noodles in a bowl, drizzle chili and sesame oil on noodles and mix
+Place chopped ingredients in bowl and place cooked meat in bowl
+Scoop soup out slowly into the bowl
+Dallop some roe in the soup :]
+SERVE!

Viola! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment